Thursday, March 25, 2010

Haiti


I was recently part of a disaster relief team in Haiti. I could not have imagined the effects this trip would have on my life. I journaled a lot while there and will share those journal entries with you over the next several posts to this site. Please check back often to see the updates.
To the right you will see a photo of me and "Little Blue". I experienced an overwhelming desire to help; help in a way that would stretch my heart beyond it's preconceived limits. I wanted to do so much more. This trip, that at first had seemed slightly daunting, quickly became less about me and what I was giving and became completely consumed with what the people of Haiti needed and deserved as human beings. "Little Blue" was just one of the many who effortlessly worked their way into my heart and will remain there forever.

3 comments:

  1. Jason,

    I'm in tears as I've been every single time I read about your trip. Tim and I still remain your biggest fans. We are blessed beyond measure that you and your family are a part of our lives.

    Welcome home to our hero once again.

    Sheila and Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still so proud of you. Love you. Your wife and kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jason,
    So proud of you! Sounds like you were blessed with God's presence, love and grace there.
    I saw a quote recently that said that happiness comes not from the actual pursuit of what would make you happy, but happiness comes to you from helping others.
    You are an inspiration.
    Your Cuz,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete